Pages

December 27, 2012

Last Finished Object for 2012


2012 has been the ultimate knitting year for me, I've learned many new techniques, facts, found valuable information I never knew I needed - and overall had just so much fun with all the different projects and challenges.

My presumably last finished project for this year is the blue twisted stitch pattern scarf that turned out really nice - if I may say so ;) Finished dimensions are approximately 13" x 62", it's a very light weight, soft scarf with a beautiful drape.





The major skill needed for this scarf beyond knitting, purling, counting and patience..., are twisted stitches. Here are some great tutorials on both these stitches (these are English style, but easy to understand for any Continental knitter also):  

Happy Knitting...!

image signature

2 comments:

linda said...

Been awhile since I have been here and OMG you Knit as beautifuly as you design kits :)
Hope your Christmas was a wonderful one for you and your family.
Hugs
Linda

Elisa said...

Thank you so much Linda, I really appreciate it! <3 Thank you, yes it's been a great Christmas, and we're enjoying the days between the years. Hope you have too, and that 2013 will be a great year for you and yours!